The Center for Intersectional Justice (CIJ) is looking for an Assistant Director to work closely with the Executive Director towards expanding our activities, realizing our objectives, allocating resources appropriately and ensuring the financial stability of the organization. If you are passionate about and committed to social justice and approach issues through an intersectional lens, have a sharp analytical mind, are highly motivated and have a strong sense of initiative and ownership in your work, you may be a good match!
- Working closely with the executive director to coordinate and conduct daily operations
- Assisting the executive director in program planning and implementation
- Managing administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Participating in strategic planning
- Fundraising and grant proposal writing
- Monitoring and reporting attainment of objectives to funders
- Managing budgets and monitoring expenses
- Designing and implementing systems and procedures to improve efficiency & accountability
- Supporting the executive director with advocacy and relationship building with European governments, NGOs, communities and other relevant stakeholders
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in the social justice field.
- Demonstrated professional experience in non-profit management, operations, finance and controlling.
- Good knowledge of and sustained interest in the policy debate on anti-discrimination, gender and racial equality, disability rights, LGBTQI* issues and immigration in Europe.
- Fluency in English and German is required. Additional European language is an asset.
- Analytical and strategic thinking with demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Extremely detail-oriented, conscientious and self-motivated.
- Endorsement of CIJ’s mission and demonstrated passion for and commitment to social and racial justice.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multitask.
- Conflict management and negotiation skills are an asset.
- Ability to receive and offer feedback on a regular basis.
CIJ is a newly founded organization with a high degree of flexibility and room for bringing new ideas and developing them, as well as a strong potential for professional development. As Assistant Director, you will be actively involved in decision-making and play a critical role in shaping the organization’s future. The Assistant Director and Executive Director will work closely in a highly collaborative manner. CIJ provides an outstanding learning environment and strives to establish a positive, respectful, constructive and appreciative work culture, where opinions and feedback are highly valued. This role offers a unique platform whence to develop and pursue social change efforts towards more inclusiveness and equality in European public policies.
Fixed-term from April 1 until August 31, 2018, with possibility of prolongation. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Flexible working hours. Part-time or Full-time, tbd.
CIJ embraces difference and strives for equality. This is our DNA and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, identities and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better we can accomplish our mission. We encourage applications from people personally affected by structural/systemic discrimination.